Vista Charter Public Schools is pleased to announce that Michael Rosner will be joining the Vista family as the new principal of Vista Horizon Global Academy.
Mr. Rosner has been an elementary educator for 28 years, including 19 as an innovative classroom teacher, three as gifted magnet coordinator working with Dr. Wilson at Wonderland School and five as principal of Gardner School.
Mr. Rosner brings a deep understanding of how children learn, a reputation for building strong learning communities and years of experience implementing many of Vista’s signature practices.
As a school administrator, Mr. Rosner’s visionary leadership resulted in:
- School-wide implementation of Reading and Writing Workshop, CGI Math, The Way of Council and Project-Based Learning;
- Design and construction of indoor and outdoor learning spaces that provided students with spaces to compose music, make art, practice Council, develop eco-literacy and engage in imaginative play;
- Increases on the “Great Schools” rating from 6 to 8;
- Year after year double-digit improvements on Smarter Balanced scores in English and Math;
- Instructional interventions that moved students into and beyond proficiency;
- Bi-weekly art, music and PE instruction for all students in dedicated studio spaces led by experts in their fields;
- Significant increases in enrollment and diversity across grade levels;
- High levels of parent volunteerism during and outside school hours; and
- Fundraising that generated hundreds of thousands of dollars
Please join Vista Charter Public Schools in congratulating and welcoming Mr. Rosner in his new position in the district as Vista Horizon Global Academy Principal.