Vista provides a holistic STEAM-based educational experience that promotes inquiry and critical thinking through many hands-on, authentic learning experiences and educational programs. STEAM is an educational acronym that stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics.
- Science: Vista offers an innovative, experiential Science program through Amplify out of UC Berkeley where students learn to "think like a scientist" through hands-on, real-life scientific scenarios and expeditions.
- Technology: Technology plays a prominent role at Vista enriching many aspects of the Vista experience. Every student is given their own Chromebook at Vista to use in their classes. In addition, each classroom is equipped with interactive touch screen displays and iPads to use for collaboration.
- Engineering: Vista also provides an exciting STEAM-based program, called Project Lead the Way, where students are empowered to develop important real-world skills through building, creating and prototyping their own projects.
- Arts: The arts are an important part of Vista's curriculum, giving students the freedom to unleash their imagination and creativity and express themselves through various artistic forms.
- Mathematics: Vista students learn to problem solve as well as think and reason analytically in their math classes. Vista uses Ready Math, a top-rated rigorous, Common Core aligned curriculum in all math classes.